Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sacks-a- tone '09

This shabbos I had the Zchus of spending shabbos with Rav Sacks shlita (aka The Rosh Yeshiva). We davened in his shul and got put up with random families in the community (Eitan Buchbinder and I shared a basement of an empty house and forgot the code but that story is for another time). Friday night The Rosh Yeshiva sat in the middle of the table and i happened to be sitting a one end and our shiur captain Rafi Abraham was sitting at the other. We were all enjoying our soup when Rafi turns to The Rosh Yeshiva and says "You know Chaim has a very creative name for the shabbaton" and the entire table (already cracking up) turns to look at me. I look back at Rafi with a straight face and respond "I'm not sure exactly what it is Rafi, by any chance do you remember" when everyone continued to lose it. I left him out there for a good minute until i was worried their was no blood left in the rest of his body being that his face was so red and I explained to Rav Sacks it was called the Rav Sacks-a-tone. On cue he turns to his wife and says "We have a leibidig bunch this year". I was just glad i was able to add something to the shabbos.

PS - In the Q&A session at the end i asked The Rosh Yeshiva about Shidduch Vision, he first wanted to know what was wrong with a phone and remarked "I guess it is great if all you care about is the externals"

Great shabbaton all around more highlights will follow

2 comments: