Saturday, February 19, 2011

Marriage

Everyone around me is getting married. How does one know when it is the right time to get married? How does one know who the right girl is? How do I know who's hands this blogpost is going to get into and the repercussions of it? I have no clue (I dont use expletives but if I did one would belong between the no and clue)!!!! (I was once told I dont show enough emotion in my writing so those are for you) Im in my Apt, I know I need to read a book for Lit class but instead Im watching TED Talks (dont start, their addicting). The man is talking about the balance of work and family, you might be thinking "Chaim, why are you listening to this arent you 0 for 2" and yes right now I am but hopefully one day that will change so why not get an early start.

One day, Im going to pick up a girl make some slide remark and she will laugh. It wont be a courteous laugh and it wont be one of those over the top your hysterical laughs but a cute chuckle. We will go for a nice walk, not talking about anything in particular but I might slip and make an inappropriate joke and she will laugh it off and I will feel I need to use constraint while not pressured to. We will go to a starbucks (is there any other place to go) and I will be able to sit still for more then 10 minutes (and maybe even make eye contact). We will talk about stupid youtube videos and other stuff which will lead to a discussion of Technology and its impact on people and Halacha. I will tell her about how I want to change the world and have no clue how to do it and she will say how she has equal goals and is alright that we can figure these things out together. We will discuss my insecurities and she will put them to ease just knowing how lucky I am to spend time with her. We will get refills (bec I will need more caffeine) and just talk some more until I drop her off. I will go back to my Apt and tell my roomates how great of an experience I had and have one of those funny smiles I like to make fun of other people for having. That would be awesome.

Hopefully this day will come soon. A day when we can add a new member to the Gross Family Blog (maybe she will even blog so it can become a family blog and not a Chaim G show).

Now I just need to start dating again.

No comments:

Post a Comment