Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A maccabeat shiduch?

Im waiting for the bus at the bus stop (yes thats what you do there) and a girl in a hebrew not better than mine asked "Has a 13 bus come by recently". I answer in a clear and precise english NO. Well one thing leads to another and when someone hears you are from YU right away they ask "Do you know the maccabeats?". I give the usual "I made the maccabeats who they are today" answer. I learn with one (David "Im already taken babes" Block) and roomed with another (Mordy "wow its weird to not b singing with girls" Pruss). She continues "I dont care about them do you know noey jacobson, he has to go out with my friend". I responded im not sure if he is dating yet. SHe goes on to explain that she knows us YU boys and we would never passup a good shiduch opportunity. Besides for the fact tat he lives in NYC and she in toronto the girl insisted that they can make this work. I guess im diving into the world of being a shadchan.


I went to Chevron today and met up with shyne. Now thats a story for a different night and an earlier time.

1 comment: