Sunday, January 16, 2011

At the kotel

I was learning at the kotel today (516 - 729- 31 oh you wish you had that last numbers) and a man with one of those white yalmukas was staring at me. I gave him the head nod and he smiled, headed nodded back, and gave me that I have a question look. It took him another two minutes to muster up the courage and he asked me if I had a piece of paper and a pen so he can write a message to place in the wall. I apologized and said I didn't. He walked away and then I thought to myself "how stupid am I". I got up and ran after the guy. I explained to him that to talk to G-d we dont need a piece of paper, pen, and a note in the wall. G-d can listen just as well as he can read. The man laughed at me and said "this is my only time here, I should really leave a note". Wow, its sad how much time we spend looking for that pen, if we would only realize...

Wow there must just be something in the air here.

No comments:

Post a Comment