Thursday, January 3, 2013

My First Trip to LA 2012/2013

5:20 AM - I wake up to pack. This is when I realized I had no pants at home and all my pants were in the heights.

5:30 AM - Find a pair of white pants (yes white pants, BH I am already engaged) on the floor of my closet. Throw them on and throw a bunch of stuff into a bag to pack.

5:40 AM - Get lazy and throw white shirt and black pants in bag instead of taking extra carry on hangable bag.

7 AM - Leave for the airport leaving myself plenty of time for all the new years travelers.

7:30 AM - Get to airport

7:31 AM - through security, waiting at the gate, asking myself why did I get up sooooo early.

9 AM - 11:30 AM (California time) Flight (not sure if you know this but I have a hard time sitting still for long periods of time.

12PM - Kellie (in LA shes kellie) picks me up from the airport wearing a pair of red toms and a jean skirt (no comment necessary).

1 PM - We go to visit aunt Cathy. Aunt Cathy says that Kellie needs a "mini" facial so Kellie and I go to pick up Nicole, and Nicole and I drop off Kellie at Aunt Cathy's shop to get a "mini" facial, and Nicole and I go to meet the rest of the family.

1:15 PM - Pull up to Tati Curt and Lydias house. BH I was not able to shake anyones hand because my palms were so sweaty. We pull up and Kelsie hung up signs on the door to welcome me (Kellie tipped them off that I love signs).



4 PM - Were all hanging out having a great time. We hit it off right away. Nicole and Kelsie give me a quick tour or the house. We go down stairs with Tati Curt and he shows us the dance floor on where the partie is going to be. Corey (Kelsie's boyfriend) comes over and we all just hang out for this "mini" facial to be over. (I think im a little off with the times but the facial was around an hour and a half (Thank God Kelsie and Nicole like me or it could have got really awkward really quickly)).



4:30 PM - Elisheva comes back, we all go to the hotel together.

5PM - We have diner in Kelsie and Corey's room. 

5:30PM - Try to sleep

6 PM - Cant sleep

6:30 PM - I know im gonna be tired later

7:30 PM - Whats before part B .... PART A 











7:30 Pm - 2 AM - The party was a lot of fun and really chilled. I got to meet a lot of the family. Kellie and I hung out with tyler (Kellie cousin) and Corey a  lot (corey is the one wearing my Yalmuka in the picture). Tyler was my new years high five. 

2AM - Went back to the hotel and Nicole, Kellie and I had chips and salsa in the lobby. 

7:30 AM - Woke up because jet lag is stupid. 

9:30 AM - Elisheva and I went out for coffe and breakfast and walked around an outside mall near her house. 

12PM - Came back to Tati Curts house, had Breakfast #3 (also ate in the hotel before we left). Aunt Cathy said she never saw me without food in my mouth all 36 hours I was in LA.

1PM - Opened presents with Tati Curt (forgot to give him mine)

3:30 PM - Watched Drumline down stairs.

3:35 PM - everyone fell asleep watching drumline downstairs.

4:30 PM - we all woke up to watch the last half hour (with constant commentary from everyone not just me). 

7PM - Tati Curt, Cory and Kelsie, Kellie and I went out for chinese food

10PM - got to the airport

11:53PM - Got on the flight

11:54PM - Fell asleep

Sum Up: Its amazing how sometimes within 5 minutes of meeting complete strangers everyone just gets along so well. Thats exactly what happened when I got to LA. I wouldn't say I was nervous to meet everyone but more that I didn't know what to expect. From the minute I walked in they really made me feel right at home. After 36 hours in LA I feel like my Family has grown to include a bunch of new members (I guess its a good thing because I would be stuck with them anyway). 

PS - A video for everyones enjoyment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment